Tuesday, July 18, 2017

CAS (E) This Sketch 230- Vintage flower card

Hello and welcome to my blog.
Today, I'm sharing a card for the current CTS#230.
This week's sketch is shown below. (Click the image) 


So this is my take on the sketch.


For this card, I used "pretty poppies" stamps set from My Favorite Things.
I firtst cut a 3.75×5 inch panel from a white cardstock, then distressed it with disress oxide ink Antique Linen, and added splatters of water.

(I took this photo during stamping)


I then stamped solid poppy images using multi color stamping with MFT's pigment dye inks and texts with hybrid intense black ink. Then I added some splatter of distress spray (wild honey).




Then I cut the panel into the 3 pieces according to the sketch, and foam mounted each piece onto a A2 card base. I finished off with some sequins on it.

Thanks for reading this post.
Hope you enjoyed it.
Blessings!
Marge.





12 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, Marge, stunning card! I love poppies and you've combined them beautifully with the sketch.

Marge said...

Hello, Sue!
You're so kind. I appreciate all your comment and encouragement. Thanks a lot♡

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Marge said...

Thank you so much for your comment, Leigh!

I Card Everyone said...

Marge, you made perfect choices for your gorgeous card! LOve the poppies, and your gorgeous scripted patterned paper! Really very lovely - thanks so much for playing along this week at CTS!
=]

Marge said...

Oh, I'm so happy to read your comment, Michele ♡
Thank you so much for your encouraging sweet commment!

conil said...

Congratulations on your CAS(E) This Sketch Favorite win. This card is well-deserving of that honor. Just beautiful.

Marge said...

Hello, Conil . Thanks for visiting here and leaving such sweet comment ! :) ♡

donna mikasa said...

Oooh, I love how you pieced your card together using the sketch! And I love those poppies! Congrats on being a CTS Favorite, Marge!

Marge said...

Thank you so much Donna!. I was inspired by your card and made this. Thanks for your congrats. I'm honored to be picked ♡

TaeEun said...

오래된 동양화 느낌이 멋져요! 원래 미색 종이를 쓰신 줄 알았는데 블랜딩하신 거군요! CTS 에서 뽑히신 거 축하드려요!!! ^^

Marge said...

태은님 이렇게 축하덧글까지 써주시고,,, 감사합니다 ^^♡ 다하고 나니 이렇게 했음 좋았겠다 아쉬움이 남는 카드였어요. 그리고 위너작품들 보면서 아 저렇게 만들어야(?) 하는 구나 하고 배우는 점도 많고요...챌린지 참여에서 얻는 게 많아서 넘 좋아요. 뽑히는 즐거움은 덤... 응원 넘 감사드립니다